Insecurity: Oyo Govt Beefs Up Schools Security With Man O’ War

Following the recent trend of kidnapping of students, among other security challenges, Oyo State government has said it’s completed its assessment to engage Man O’ War Nigeria to provide security and surveillance in primary and secondary schools in the state.

This was disclosed by Governor Seyi Makinde, in Ibadan when he received the National Executives of the Man O’ War Nigeria, who paid him a courtesy visit in his office on Thursday.
He appeal to the organisation to double its efforts at the grassroots in order to contribute its quota to stem the tide of insecurity in the country.

According to him, “Man O’ War, as an organisation, is trying its best.
“I can testify to the role Man O’ War played during the elections that I participated in as governorship candidate in 2015 and 2019; so, I will renew my commitment in Man O’War.

“This is a period that Man O’ War will need to double its efforts and look at programmes at the grassroots level, where we can project more on the issue of citizenship and leadership for our country.’’
The governor said that there had been discussions with state’s Commissioner for Education on how to beef up security

“The ministry recently submitted a proposal on fencing and having demarcations for all of the schools, but this idea of deployment of Man O’ War for security and surveillance is a welcome idea.

“We will look at the proposal and we should be engaging either the national or state command team to ensure that this can see the light of day”, he said.

While speaking the Deputy National Commandant of Man O’ War, Gbenga Adedamola, called for the re-awakening of the culture of joining voluntary organisations like the Man O’ War among Nigerian youths.